Life is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories and learning from the past.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aunthentic Filipino Foods.....YUM!

Almost a month ago hubby and I celebrated our birthday together although my birthday is actually a few days early than his, but as much as possible we try to celebrate it together. We've been together for 4 years now and it was actually our fourth time that we celebrated it together,  how awesome is that?? pretty awesome! I KNOW!! LOL!

 Anyways, on OUR birthday I spent  ALL DAY cooking! it was hella fun! I love LOVE love to cook so I didn't really mind that I was preparing the goods, slicing a million veggies, cooking a bunch of yummy foods. The only thing that I really didn't like to do at that time was to wash the dishes (old style washing...which is BY HAND!) good thing that my "mother-in-law" saved the day because she did it. She's such an awesome mother in law, she's really sweet, generous, nice and I really really love her. I feel so blessed that I have her as my MIL, thank God she's not one of those MONSTER-in-LAW that some poor Daughter-in-law had to experience!

Back to the foods though, on our birthday I cooked plenty of authentic Filipino foods, the foods were pretty traditional too because it is common that you'll find those foods during birthday parties and holidays. So, if you're a REAL FILIPINO it is important that you have noodles on your birthday... because its our "beliefs" that noodles means LONG LIFE. lol. I'm freaking ain't sure if I'm making any sense at all but yeah!

 Here are the yummy foods that I cooked all day!

Embutido ( Filipino style Meat loaf)
Embutido


Lumpia  ( filipino style spring rolls) 
Lumpiang Shanghai


PALABOK (seafood pasta on rice noodles) MY FAVORITE!!
Palabok


Pancit (stir fry rice noodles) GOTTA HAVE IT!!
Pansit


SPAGHETTI (sweet style) YUM O!
Spaghetti


BBQ (marinated for days)  the BEST everr!
BBQ


YUMMYNESS!!!
Birthday feast!

Birthday Feast!!


the celebrants 
Willyum and Ninch


hope you all like it!

xoxo
Ninchy

No comments:

Post a Comment